An established local C&S Engineering Consultant Firm invites qualified Malaysia applicants for the following positions:-
The responsibilities of Water Engineering will include but are not limited to the following:
The responsibilities of a Water Engineer typically involve:
- Evaluating existing technologies by conducting technology-commercial evaluations, risk analysis, pilot trials, hazard/operation analysis (HAZOP) and reviewing design and operating procedures;
- designing overall schemes with the use of computer aided design, simulation and drafting, such as pumping stations, pipework, and earthworks (the scale of the design may range from an initial outline to a full, detailed design);
- preparing tender documents as a basis for construction;
- reviewing technical submissions;
- liaising & collaborating with various bodies and individuals, including local authorities, government agencies, clients, contractors, suppliers, technical experts and other consultants;
- keeping up to date with environmental matters, and being aware of policy and developments in this area;
- presenting technical data or project results to both technical and non-technical clients and colleagues;
- monitoring the progress of projects from beginning to end – from the feasibility stage, to design through to construction and handover – or supervising one section of a large project;
- controlling budgets at project level;
- administering contracts and ensuring that work is completed to time;
- supervising the operation and maintenance of water and sewerage infrastructure;
- anticipating problems and identify weaknesses in design and construction (buildability) and minimise non-production time (NPT);
- devising water modelling and economic studies;
- monitoring and reporting efficiency of water delivery system at various stages from point-to-point;
- managing subordinates including other engineers, technicians, and site workers;
- epitomising the spirit of teamwork in workplace.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- Possess at least 5 years of working experience in related field and technology;
- Experience with ISO9000 Quality Management System is an added advantage;
Represent the Consultant in supervising and overseeing civil and structural engineering works. Handle and report to the Consultant on all technical problems. Ensure that inspection of all materials and works are being carried out in good workmanship and in accordance with the drawings, specifications, standards and procedures. Ensure that all contractors/sub-contractors carry out proper daily maintenance and adequate safety practices at site. Monitor construction programmes and progress in accordance with the approved work schedules. Prepare site diary and verify daily reports and progress reports that are submitted by the contractors/subcontractors. Control and coordinate contractors/sub-contractors and other matters related to design requirements, modifications, variations, etc. Liaise with government and local authorities on building matters and construction activities. Undertake Grade A’s green office building with a component consisting of high-end residential – serviced apartments cum hotel.
Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Professional Engineer (PE) qualification from the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). Minimum 10 years’ hands-on experience in undertaking construction projects, especially sub-structure involving the use of top down construction methods, bore pile and diaphragm wall. Well versed in the uniform building laws and regulatory requirements. Sound engineering knowledge and practical engineering experience in construction works. Have eye for detail and meticulous in enforcing high standards. Analytical and organized with strong technical, implementation and planning skills. Excellent project and time management abilities. Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to achieve targets through teamwork and collaboration. Knowledge and experience in project scheduling, budgeting, delegation of responsibilities, interaction with sub-contractors and clients, plan reviews, etc. Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially MS Project and MS PowerPoint.
- Provide technical Design direction and review of technical project activity and experience related to energy efficiency & IT infrastructures
- Provide strategic guidance on the operational maintenance for Data center project
- Technical advisor for Data center related projects
- Technical advisor on networking infrastructure and have an understanding basic construction regulation
- Manage & advise all towers lead in Data center consolidation & relocation project
- Lead and Manage third parties suppliers & vendors to ensure successful Data center projects.
- Conduct Data center Assessment, providing statistical report and present to client
- Develop and Maintain project documentation for testing and/or maintenance of Data center equipment
- Be responsible to review the technical Solution done on all new projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/IS or Degree in Computer Science
- English: Fluent
- Certified in MCSE: Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in similar role
- Good project management skills, with core competency, technical knowledge on Data Center design and build with good foundation on IT Servers and Network Infrastructure.
- Knowledge on supporting Mechanical & Electrical component for Data Center requirements are key supporting skills
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV stating expected salary & a recent passport size photo to:-
Human Resources Manager
P. O. Box 20190,
88758 Luyang, Kota Kinabalu.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.